Pollard Coffee Ethiopian Single Origin
Ethiopia Guji Natural Derikocha
This coffee is sourced from 650 farmers living in Derikidame, a village within the Hambelawamena district in the Guji Zone, Oromia Region, Ethiopia. Farmers deliver ripe cherries to the Derikocha Washing Station which is owned and operated by Ashenafi Woressa. Ripe cherries are carefully sorted and then placed on raised drying beds in thin layers. The cherries are turned every 2 to 3 hours in the first few days to avoid over-fermentation and mold. Depending on the weather, the beans are dried to 11 percent moisture in 2 to 3 weeks and then transported to Addis Ababa, the capital of Ethiopia, to be milled and prepared for export.
- Grower: 650 producers organized around Ashenafi Woressa | Derikocha Washing Station
- Variety: Indigenous heirloom cultivars
- Region: Derikidame, Hambelawamena District, Guji Zone, Oromia Region, Ethiopia
- Harvest: October - January
- Altitude: 1900 – 2250 meters
- Soil: Vertisol
- Process: Full natural and dried on raised beds
Cupping Notes: Orange Zest, Strawberry, Dried Raspberry.